Non-A.U.TH. Committee Memberships and Registrations
- Vice-president of Grading Centre for Special Subjects, Thessaloniki, Ministry of Education, 2010.
- President of Grading Centre for Special Subjects, Thessaloniki, Ministry of Education, 2011.
- Committee Member, Grading Centre for Special Subjects, Thessaloniki, Ministry of Education, 2009, 2012.
- Member of the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the Italian language, 2010-2012.
- Registered as an evaluator in the committees for teacher evaluation and certification (registered since 2007, certification update seminar 2012). Implementation of project titled ‘Update of professional profile of lifelong learning instructors and development of a programme outline for teacher training for the purpose of obtaining teaching licences’ (PROCLAMATION NO. 36A/2011, Coordinator: Labour Institute – General Confederation of Greek Workers.
- Registered as a Certified Instructor of Adults, National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications and Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP), (registered since 2007, updated in 2012).
A.U.TH. Committee Memberships
- Committee for the receipt of foreign language textbooks and books, as well as committee for the evaluation of results of the competition for the procurement of foreign language textbooks and books, 2007-2012
- Committee responsible for conducting auctions for the procurement goods and instruments from ordinary budget appropriations, 2005-2011
- Regular representative of teachers and academics in the A.U.TH.’s Senate, 2010-2011
- Committee of Cultural Policy of A.U.TH., 2010-2012
Member of Organizational and Scientific Committees of Conferences
- Organizational Committee of 2nd Italian Studies Conference, Italian language and literature in Europe 2000, Thessaloniki, 2000.
- Organizational and Scientific Committee of the 5th Pan-Hellenic Semiotics Conference in Thessaloniki, Semiotic systems and communication. Action, interaction, circumstance and change. Thessaloniki, 2004.
- Technical Support Committee of the Congress ;Educazione linguistica e letteraria e nuove technologie’. Thessaloniki, February 2006.
- Committee of 8th Conference of the Hellenic Semiotics Society, Semiotics and Ideologies. Borders, regions, dispersions. Florina, 18-21 October 2007.
- Committee for the preparation of a seminar/symposium organized by the University of Venice, 2007.
- Organizational Committee of the Round Table. Children’s rights. Violations and their protection. International conventions and actions in the field. UNESCO Chair on Human Rights, Democracy and Peace, A.U.TH., 2008.
- Committee for the organization of a series of seminars for Italian language teachers, financed by Italy’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 2009.
- Organizational Committee of the 3rd Greek-Speaking Translation Theorists’ Workshop, Thessaloniki, 2010.
- Organizational Committee for the organization of events for the celebration of 50 years since the foundation of the Department of Italian Language and Literature, 2010.
- Organizational and Scientific Committee of the 1st International Congress, Semiotics and Visual Communication-From Theory to Practice, Cyprus University of Technology, Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts, Limassol-Cyprus, 25-27 November 2011.
Committee Memberships, Department of Italian Language and Literature
- Committee responsible for renaming the department the Department of Italian and Spanish Language and Literature, 2004
- Committee responsible for making a record of electronic equipment, 2004.
- Committee responsible for monitoring the Italian Department’s website.
- Library committee, 2005-2011.
- Committee responsible for holding competitions for the procurement of scientific equipment, 2005-2008.
- Committee responsible for the programme of study, 2006-2012.
- Study guide committee, 2006-2012.
- Website monitoring committee, 2006-2007.
- Committee responsible for the operation of the computer centre, 2006-2012.
- Committee responsible for conducting admittance examinations, 2006-2012.
- Committee responsible for planning supplies obtained through the Ordinary Budget, 2008-2011.
- Examining committee for the postgraduate programme in Theoretical and Applied Linguistics, 2010.
- Coordinating committee for the Postgraduate Programme, as person in charge of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics, 2011.
Member of examining committees for doctoral theses
- Eudoridou, E. (2005). Semiotic analysis of text. Application in Umberto Eco’s Baudolino, A.U.TH.
- Ziaka, I. (2008). Investigation of values systems in the analytic foreign language programmes of study, A.U.TH.
- Del Rio, Ch. (2011). Studio della metodologia dell’ insegnamento della lingua italiana come lingua straniera in Grecia (Study of the methodology involved in teaching Italian as a foreign language in Greece), A.U.TH.
- Karastamatis, K. (2012). Learning management systems (LMS) in ongoing education/training. Development of a multimedia application for workers in multilingual and dangerous working environments, A.U.TH.
Member of steering committee
- Committee responsible for the appointment of a teacher under Presidential Decree 407/80,Department of Italian Language and Literature, 2007, 2009, 2012.
- Committee responsible for promoting a lecturer to the position of Assistant Professor specialising in `Semiology with applications in Translation’, Department of French Language and Literature, 2011.
Membership in electoral bodies
- Lecturer, University of Athens, specialising in the `Theory of literature’, 2009.
- Assistant professor, specialising in `Historical Linguistics: Indo-European Studies’, A.U.TH., 2009.
- Assistant professor, specialising in `Translatology’ with a focus on bilingual interpretation, 2009.
- Assistant professor, specialising in `Linguistics: Spanish language’ with a focus on morphological and syntactic analysis, A.U.TH., 2010.
Social and academic activities
- Board Member of the Hellenic Semiotics Society, 2005, 2006.
- Secretary on the Board of the Hellenic Semiotics Society,, 2007, 2008, 2012.
- Member of the UNESCO Chair on Human Rights, Democracy and Peace, A.U.TH., 2008